Today, Diane Randall and Davina Koltulski talk about creating stillness, staying present, and tuning into your inner wisdom in order to stay sane in today’s world. To create a harmonious balance in work and in life, we need to be able to handle the negative energy in the world, focus on what matters and support ourselves.
Dr. Davina Kotulski is a licensed psychologist, life coach and spiritual counselor. Dr. Davina leads meditation workshops, spiritual classes, and her 90-day Follow Your Courageous Heart program, which focuses on moving beyond fear and other obstacles to create a meaningful life. She’s committed to helping people live a fulfilling live in alignment with their values, their heart’s desires, and authentic soul’s calling. She’s the author of multiple books and articles on marriage equality and the inspirational award-winning novel, Behind Barbed Eyes.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why it’s important to slow down, meditate, be mindful and grounded in our hearts and our bodies to deal with the intense stressors today and stay sane
- A simple meditation breathing exercise to get connected to a deeper wisdom, turning away from the world of appearances, and tuning in to the wisdom within us
- How to reconnect with your heart and nature by taking breaks, get back into a world of cooperation (not competition) by being in the now
- The importance of deep listening and appreciating the world right now in this moment, cutting out distractions from connected devices, and finding the time for busy people to “check back in.”
- Simple examples of ways to take time for self-care (get a facial or massage, meditate, walk, yoga) to be able to give more to your friends and family from the overflow instead of the bottom of the barrel
- What Buddhist Monk Thich Nhat Hanh says in “The Miracle of Mindfulness” about being present and enjoying things like eating or doing the dishes
- Why it’s important to stop the numbing and get human connection, one-ness, and wholeness back
- Reconnecting to our humanity to change what happens in our world around us, check back in, and treat ourselves differently
- How to stop chasing more desire, stimulation, addiction, and consumerism by living in your heart and not in your head
Quotes:We can choose to take time out, or the universe will give us those time outs if we don't choose them for ourselves. Click To Tweet
“We need to be able to tune into what’s going on within us so that we know how to respond from a place of peace. We need to know how to respond, not react, to what’s going on around us.”
Dr. Davina Kotulski, Ph.D.
Author, Psychologist, Life Coach
Dr. Davina’s special offer
Get your complimentary Courageous Heart download at
Let us know what you think about this episode by leaving a comment at http://www.dianerandallconsults.com/balanced-living-for-busy-professionals/
Join my private Jumpstart Your Life Community on Facebook. Get resources, tips and ideas as you integrate the Jumpstart Your Life process.