Have you ever downed an entire package of chips, crackers, or cookies?
Do you incessantly engage in negative self-talk?
Or, have you shutdown your emotions completely?
Sometimes we use food and/or negative self-talk as well as other unhealthy things to help distract from feeling emotional pain. Think about it. Have you noticed that sometimes when you overeat you’re not hungry at all? You are trying to fill a void that food cannot fill. Not ever. You feel bad because you judge yourself constantly in negative ways. It’s time to release the emotional hurts you are holding on to.
Tap into the Power of Self-Forgiveness
It’s time to release the uncomfortable feelings. It’s time to free yourself to live more fully. The most effective, and divinely perfect way, is compassionate self-forgiveness.
Forgiving yourself, and others, is not easy – even for the most enlightened among us. If your life is being controlled by past hurts – and you want to free yourself – forgiveness is the way to navigating through any limiting beliefs or judgments being held against you or others.
Use these steps to get started:
- Talk to empathetic and open-minded friends and family about your desire to forgive. Chatting with others you trust is tremendously comforting.
- Take 100% responsibility for your emotional reaction to what happened– your own perspective may change.
- Forgive any judgments you’ve placed against yourself or others. Sometimes we can be harshest with ourselves.
- Do some free form writing for about 30 minutes per day for 30 days. Pay attention to what comes up for you and afterwards shred or burn your writings.
- Understand you are responsible for your own attitude. Holding a grudge is energy that keeps you from feeling free, open, and powerful in your own life.
Now get ready to experience how much better you’ll feel in your life when you embrace forgiveness. Give it a try.
Need some help? I would be honored to be part of your support team. Knowing you have someone in your corner to support you along the way may be the first step you need to make some changes. Let’s talk. Schedule a free 30 minute 1:1 consultation by signing up for a Chemistry session.