Happiness is something you deserve. Happiness is something that is possible. If happiness is something you’re lacking now it can be attained with a few choices that I believe you will like making.
Tell me, what makes you smile? Laugh? Go giddy with glee?
For some, it’s a walk barefoot through the grass. For another, it’s a spin on a roller coaster, a solo movie date, or a perfectly ripe mango.
So… when was the last time you did something that makes you happy? Truly deep-down in your soul delighted.
If it’s been awhile, know this:
- Happiness lowers stress levels.
- Happiness increases immune system function
- Happiness lowers your risk of disease.
- Happiness makes life easier.
All things worth having. All things you deserve. All things to strive to experience each day.
Diane’s Magic Formula for Daily Pleasure
Doing one pleasurable thing per day (or multiple times throughout the day) is the most powerful antidote for gray, boring, or stressful days. I know you’re ready to increase your happiness level.
- Make an “I love” list. List everything that you enjoy – nothing is too small or too large. If you enjoy it, get it on the list.
- Take a look at how you spend your days. When could you fit in a little pleasure? Insert these ideas: Perhaps you could leave the office at lunch to walk in the park. Play your favorite music while doing the dishes. Book yourself a massage this weekend. Whatever brings you joy be intentional about including it, in some small way, into your day or week.
- Repeat daily, or more often throughout the day, as needed.
Bonus Recipe to Give Your Taste Buds Some Happiness
To get you started down the road of pleasure, give this luscious recipe a try. I believe your taste buds will be so happy. Be sure to leave a comment below to tell me if you liked the recipe (and want more recipes) plus share with me which things you like to experience that bring you happiness.
Prep time: 10 minutes, Serves 4
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup orange juice
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
1 cup organic whipping cream or carton of soft tofu or large ripe banana
- Process the first four ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for one minute, or until pureed.
- Pour puree into a medium bowl.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. If using tofu or banana, whir in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Fold whipped cream, tofu, or banana into mango puree, using a knife to swirl in a marbled effect.